Hi! Welcome to JWT! Check here for daily updates! Breathless's Buddy list is full, so add Goldfishypuppy2. I hope you enjoy my blog, don't forget to comment and vote on polls! :)~Breathless

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Lessons of Jamaa #17: A True Friend Cares

Hi Guys! I'm Back!
I'm sorry, Goldy, for not Posting lately, It's because It was my Examination week, And I wasn't allowed to use computer.
I finally found inspiration,
From, a Book,

Random Poem:
Book
Oh look! It's a Book!
I'm Sure it must be
A path of adventures waiting for me,
A yellow brick road to the Wizard of Oz,
A frivolous poem without any cause.
Should I open it and peek what's inside?
What if it's scary I might need to hide.
I'll never know unless I dare.
I need a good laugh, a cry or a scare.
I'm sure it can wait--well, then I'll never know.
Maybe it's some place I'll never go.
But today is the day that's been waiting for me
I'll open this book, and I will see.

Now, this story is from Chicken Soup for the Kid's Soul
It has 2 morals, And Yes I know it's humans, but still, It helps us have inspiration to be a True Friend.
Oh and Grab a Soda, 'cause this is a looong story

It's Called:
Seeing, Really Seeing.
His nose was all smooshed looking, like maybe his mom dropped him when he was a baby. His ears were 2--maybe even two and a half--sizes too big for his head. And his eyes! His eyes bulged like they were ready to pop out of their sockets. His clothes were nice, Tim had to admit. But he was still the homeliest kid he'd Ever seen. So why had the new kid leaning on Jennifer Lawrence's locker like they were best friends or something? Jennifer was a Cheerleader and one of the coolest girls in School. And why was she smiling at him instead of twisting her nose all funny like she did when she looked at Tim? Strange, He thought, Really Strange. By Lunchtime, Tim had forgotten about the new kid. He sat down in his usual table-- in the corner, all alone. Tim was a loner. He wasn't as ugly as the new kid-- just a little heavy side and nerdy. Nobody talked to Tim much But he was used to it. He had adjusted. About halfway through his Peanut Butter and ketchup Sandwich (He put ketchup on everything), Tim looked up and saw that kid again. He was holding a lunch tray and standing over Jennifer, grinning like he'd just aced a math test. And Jennifer was grinning, too. Then she moved over and made room on the bench next to her. Strange, Really Strange. But even stranger was what the new kid did. Tim would have plunked into that seat so fast, his lunch bag would have been left behind, just hanging in the air. But not this new kid. He shook his head and walk straight to Tim's Table. "Mind if I join you?" he asked. Just like that. Mind if I join you? Like the entire eight grade was fighting sit on my table or something, Tim thought. "Sure" Said Tim, " I mean No, I don't mind." So the Kid Sat down. And he came back, day after Day, until they were friends. Real friends. Tim had never had a real friend before, but Jeff--That was his name-- invited Tim to his house, on trips with his family and even hiking. Right --Tim hiking! Funny Thing was...one day, he realized he wasn't so heavy anymore. All that hiking, I guess, thought Tim. And Kids were talking to him, nodding to him in the hallways, and even asking questions about assignments and things. And Tim was talking back to them. He wasn't a Loner anymore. One day, when Jeff sat down at the table, Tim had to ask him.
 "Why did you sit with me at the first day? Didn't Jen ask you to sit with her?"
 "Sure She asked. But she didn't need me."
"Need You?"
"You did."
"I did?"
Tim hoped nobody was listening. This was a really dumb conversation, He thought. "You were sitting all alone," Jeff explained. "You looked lonely and scared."
"Scared?"
"Uh huh, Scared. I knew that look. I used to have one, too, just like it."
Tim couldn't Believe it.
"Maybe you didn't notice, but I'm not exactly the best looking guy in school" Jeff went on. "At my old school, I sat alone, I was afraid to look up and see if anyone was laughing at me."
"You" Tim new He sounded stupid, but he couldn't picture Jeff by himself. He was so outgoing. "Me. It took a friend to help me see I wasn't alone because of my  nose or ears. I was alone because I never smiled or took interest in other people. I was so concerned about myself that I never paid attention to anyone else. That's Why I sat with you. To let you know someone cared. Jennifer already knew."
"Oh, she knows, all right," Tim said as he watched two guys fighting to sit near here. Tim and Jeff both laughed. It felt good to laugh, And I've been doing a lot of it lately, Realized Tim. Then Tim looked at Jeff. Really looked. He isn't so bad looking, thought Tim. Oh he isn't handsome or anything like that. But he isn't homely. Jeff is my friend. That's when Tim realized he was seeing Jeff for the first time. Months earlier all he has seen was a funny-looking nose and "Dumbo" ears.
Now he was seeing Jeff, Really seeing him.

Lesson: 1. A True Friend Cares.
2. A true friend is not judged by the cover but by how he cares about you.
So what have you learned, Dear Jammers?

I hoped you learned a valuable lesson today, 'till we meet again!

DreamsOfBlue

1 comment:

*Attention* Before you comment, be sure to read our simple fintastic rules:
1. No Mean comments (If you don't like the blog; don't view it)
2. Respect Other Commenters
3. Please don't do spam comments
4. Try to stay as positive as you can! :)
Thanks.
~Goldfishypuppy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...