Hi! Welcome to JWT! Check here for daily updates! Breathless's Buddy list is full, so add Goldfishypuppy2. I hope you enjoy my blog, don't forget to comment and vote on polls! :)~Breathless

Monday, January 21, 2013

Scammers and Hackers

Heya, Jammers.
I would like to thank Breathless for making me an author. Thanks Breathless, it was really appreciated! 8) I will frequently post as much as I can unless I'm too busy to with homework and/or sicknesses, or if my parents don't let me on. I'll try to post as much as I can otherwise. Thanks!
Anyway, obviously everyone has heard of those scammers and hackers. Some Jammers are quitting because of that, hoping that when they come back everything will have changed and everyone will be all cheery and friendly to one another, trading, buddying each other and complimenting each other about their looks and all.
Well sorry to say, but that's not going to change.
I've heard that the old Jamaa was better, and it sounds better too, by the way people describe it: they say everyone was kind to each other, there were no scammers or hackers, no one cared about rares and everyone wanted to learn facts and make friends.
But Jamaa has changed, and sadly, there's evil in the world, and that evil is going to stay there for a while I believe. But seriously, to you scammers and hackers: don't you think that what you're doing actually harms others? And no, I'm not talking about crying over pixels, but they trusted you and you let them down, that would upset me, I know; I wouldn't be crying over the item but because of the fact someone would have tried to take advantage of me. Really, don't they get that they're being complete jerks by trying to harm others like that?
So, like I was saying, some Jammers think this will all end someday with their protests, but I don't think it's ever going to stop because of all of the evil still in the world. You can keep trying to make a difference, you might take out some of the scammers, but more will keep coming, sadly. You still see this everyday:

No one's perfect, and it doesn't hurt to forgive others often, but if you know it's wrong and you're hurting others, why keep doing it? It's pointless. Besides, scamming is getting old; everyone knows the tricks now, few Jammers fall for it nowadays, and the ones who still do will eventually get that you can't trust a lot of people these days.
Same for the hackers; sometimes they can be trickier. Just keep a password that's easy to remember, hard for others to find out. If it's your nickname, and it's so odd no one would ever guess it, use it! Just don't say: "my nickname is yorgieshmorgie" to everyone or they'll guess it quickly.
So keep yourself safe, and try to help your friends. The scammers are likely to never give up, but don't give them the items they believe they deserve.

~GREATSHOT

26 comments:

  1. Hahaha great example nickname. Wasn't that from Spongebob? :D

    I also get that feeling when people try to scam. I think their attempts are funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was. xD

      Yeah, I mean really, it's sometimes so obvious. xP

      Delete
  2. Good post, Greatshot! I saw someone today who said "I swear on the Bible this is not a scam!" I mean, really?

    vms915

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post! I'm not trying to brag, but i've never actually been scammed before... I can always tell whem someone is scamming. I can see why newbies in AJ would fall for scams, but i just don't see why people who already know about scamming would fall for it... does anyone know why?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're minds are clouded up with rares. They're desperate for them, so they decide to trust them and take a chance.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, what Feelers said. And little kids play AJ, so they don't know what scamming is. Poor things, must be really hurt when they get scammed. :c

      Delete
    3. Or theres this new type of scamming (This was before i quit so it might be a little old) to get a friend, be friends with em' for a few months then make your "Move." I had someone who was my friend for a year and she never had ever scammed anyone nor scammed me. i let her barrow things, she always returned them, but one day our friendship wasnt enough. She was getting me a membership (she already knew my pass before this) and i couldnt get the code right so she got on and got the membership for me. A couple of days after that, I got my dream item back then, a solid black top. 5 days later? I log on and i see that EVERYTHING is gone, everything except a few things. I was panicking i went to friend after friend, wondering who it could be. I never looked at her profile because she was like a sister to me, she wouldnt hack me! But i heard one of my friends saying "Hey look ___ has a solid black top!" I was astonished, she had all my items. Everything, i got back everything and more though. but it still hurts to this day that someone who you were friends with for a year could do that to you.

      ~Supastar101

      Delete
  4. Or, like me, they prefer not to think that somebody is betraying your trust, scamming you. It's just not a nice thought.
    WHY CAN'T EVERYONE IN AJ BE NICE AND TRUST EACH OTHER?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR? Sadly, no one's perfect so people are going to keep being bullies to each other. :c Thank God for the good-hearted ones! :)

      Delete
  5. Hey, breathless, what would ya think if ya got scammed/hacked?
    I mean, like, you are always saying how rares are no big deal...

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok i wouldn't call her a bitch, but i do think she could have tooken out the word "witten" and replaced it with something else....

    ReplyDelete
  7. She just wants a blog to share her truth.. It's not copying Breath's blog in any way shape or form :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how all the authors are posting almost daily. :) It is sad for the little children who are totally confused. They totally love the game and they're too young to understand a scam... :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Agreed! My blog has a different purpose, a different style, different authors, different template, different banner, different meaning. My blog had nothing to do with animal jam, this blog is all about animal jam. You can call me whatever you want, your only hurting yourself. :)

    Dreamy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't think you knew half of what you said once I read that.

    Please keep confrontations appropriate, this blog isn't targeted for people who speak trash.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anon 2 is just jealous of dreamy...cuz she's actually nice and has a a better blog than breath..

    Wolves2626

    ReplyDelete
  12. How do you get the words to scroll across the screen at the top of the page?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go to marquee.com and when you get there it's basically self explainitory. :)

      Delete
    2. No problem! If need any other blogging help just visit my blog Life's Written Truth! I'd be more than happy to help you! :)

      Delete
  13. Please, no bad words thank you. :)
    And it's okay to have your own opinions about things, and I respect your opinions, just make sure you don't hurt anybody's feelings. :3

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your blog dreamy! It's so dreamaful! If that's even a word lol!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, if someone find out my password im gonna give them a cookie xd im hungarian and the password is my name plus my birth of date.. the dont know where am i from, nor the hungarian names and they dont know how old am i so take that :D

    ReplyDelete

*Attention* Before you comment, be sure to read our simple fintastic rules:
1. No Mean comments (If you don't like the blog; don't view it)
2. Respect Other Commenters
3. Please don't do spam comments
4. Try to stay as positive as you can! :)
Thanks.
~Goldfishypuppy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...